Beth Diemert and Brad Imler discuss what the Bible has to say about adoption, and how we can use that truth to change the conversation surrounding adoption in our culture. Listen in to find out where you might have your own adoption bias, and how you can empower women facing an unplanned pregnancy to understand all of her options more clearly.
- Click here for ChristianAdoptions.org
- Click here for Heartbeat’s training and resources on adoption
- Click here to register for the Adoption In Depth Day Training
- Adoption dates back to the Old Testament. God chose adoption as the means to rescue Moses.
- For He chose us in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love He predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will. Ephesians 1:4-5
- We all approach adoption with some sort of bias, and it’s important to recognize what your bias is.
- Adoption needs to be talked about often in the work of the pregnancy help organization, as well as in staff training settings.
- The post-Roe world has changed the adoption conversation
- Having a conversation about adoption with a client can empower her to look into all of her options instead of focusing only on parenting or abortion. It opens up new opportunities for her.
Sponsored by Heartbeat International’s Annual Conference