Valerie Harkins interviews Gina Tomes about how the 24/7 care model of maternity homes can take a toll on staff and volunteers. Through years of experience (including founding the maternity home, Bethlehem House), Gina has learned a few key things to watch out for and how to prevent burnout among staff.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to connect with Valerie Harkins, Heartbeat International Housing Specialist
- High staff turnover is often attributed to burnout or exhaustion, especially in ministry work.
- Staff should be trained well so that they are equipped to handle the many needs of residents.
- Cross-training staff can help each staff member to take time off regularly.
- Find a housing model that works well for both residents and staff.
- Retreats and conference get your team outside of their typical day-to-day work and allows for time of fellowship and sharing of ideas.
- Register here for Heartbeat’s Annual Conference!
Sponsored by Heartbeat Academy