November elections are quickly approaching, and states like Ohio have abortion on the ballot. There is a growing need for the pregnancy help movement to step into the political conversation in defense of life in all states, and we must speak up and ensure our hard-earned victories are not erased, nor is abortion further embedded into our constitutions. Join Heartbeat staff members Jessica Warner, Leanna Baumer, and Lora Current in this discussion about strategy, resources, and practical steps that you can take to protect life in your state.
- Get Out the Vote – HeartbeatInternational.org/GOTV
- State Coalitions
- Webinar Recording – Strengthening State Coalitions
- States like Ohio are facing (or could soon face) ballot initiatives to change the state constitution to allow for abortion up until birth
- The ballot language is often broad and causes confusion among voters
- If passed, these changes to the state’s constitution would be very difficult to amend in the future
- Big Abortion is watching Ohio to see how well this tactic works, planning ballot initiatives in additional states for 2024 if this passes
- Pregnancy Help Organizations are uniquely positioned to share the truth on life issues with clients, donors, and community supporters; you are the experts on the needs the families in your community!
- It is important to stay updated and to educate your staff on state issues
- State coalitions are a powerful way to make your voice heard, and can help you strategize as a group to make sure the story of pregnancy help is told on your terms
- 501(c)(3) organizations are allowed to share their perspective about how policies might help/harm their community
- Partnering with groups such as your local Family Research Council and Right to Life can equip you and help you stay informed
- Pray! Take time to care for yourself and your team
Sponsor: Pregnancy Help News